How to Apply for a Pell Grant (FAFSA)
The FAFSA on the Web Worksheet provides a preview of the questions that you may be asked while completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSASM) online at www.fafsa.gov.
- You must complete and submit a FAFSA to apply for federal student aid and for most state and college aid.
- You must qualified for the Pell Grant in order to receive a Scholarship from Creative Corrections Education Foundation.
- Once the FAFSA application is completed, you click on the submi button. When you are notified of approval, send documentation with your CCEF application to our office.
There is a deadline for completing the FAFSA each year.
FEDERAL DEADLINE: June 30th
STATE DEADLINE: Varies depending on the State you apply in.
To view the FAFSA Worksheet on the Web, right click and copy the link below and paste in your web browser. The worksheet explains in detail how to complete the Pell grant application.
How to Apply for a CCEF Children of Incarcerated Parent Scholarship
The following documents must be submitted to complete your application:
- Complete the CCEF Application Form.
- Need a copy of your most recent Student Aid Report resulting from your filing of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Assistance).
- Answer responses to the essay questions (guidelines provided at the end of the application).
- Copy of High School Diploma/GED documentation.
- Need a copy of your most recent transcripts (must be mailed directly to the Scholarship Committee by the institution).
- Need a Letter of Acceptance from the educational institution that you are applying to.
- Need three (3) Letters of Recommendation. These letters can be from:
- One (1) from a member of a church or community based program.
- One (1) from a previous teacher or professor.
- One (1) from a representative, i.e. principal or guidance counselor
(All Recommendation Letters must be mailed directly to the Scholarship Committee to: 6545 Calder Ave, Beaumont, Texas 77706).
You must provide the following documents along with your application:
- Responses to the essay questions which are titled; Introduction, Academics and Career Plans.
- A copy of your high school diploma/GED documentation.
- Upon completion of the application, it must include all pertinent documents mentioned above, be signed by the applicant and mailed in a large envelope (Do Not Fold), to the following address:
Deadline: Applications may be submitted continuously throughout the year.
Creative Corrections Education Foundation or CCEF
6545 Calder Ave, Beaumont, Texas 77706
Note: To complete the CCEF Application Form, click on the APPLICATION TAB at the top of our Webpage.